Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Activities

We woke up Monday morning to go help prepare the Memorial Day breakfast at the Graves'. No, it's not what it sounds like exactly - the Graves are our neighbors - but how fitting none the less :) Skyler's job was to cook the sausage. Mine?...I supervised

And took self portraits

There was a really good turn out. The Grave's always make sure to invite all of the neighbors as well as the entire ward. We love the Graves!



Here's one of Skyler's scouts, Adam. We sat next to him on top of the hill to eat.

Here's Skyler enjoying a breakfast made in Heaven (his heaven) - eggs loaded with cheese, hashbrowns cooked in bacon grease, pork sausage, and bacon which was sitting in a pool of...lets call it flavor :)

Once breakfast was done Skyler and I got changes and went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to go on a hike. We ended up hiking on the Dog Lake trail, although there was too much snow to hike down to the lake. We got close though. Only about a mile or so away.











Then, once we were done with the hike I had Skyler take us to The Silver Fork Lodge. It's a little diner up Big Cottonwood Canyon that my dad always used to take my brother and I to when we were younger. We ate out on the deck overlooking the gorgeous mountains.



The prices were higher then I remembered so Skyler and I had a healthy lunch of cheese fries and the BEST chocolate fudge cake I have ever had - Mmmmmmmm....that sounds really good. I think I'll go eat some chocolate cake now :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks like a fun time. Clarissa and I went on a hike also. Ours turned out a little hotter then yours. I love how gorgeous Utah is. I hope it does not get to hot to soon. You guys always go on such cool hikes. It makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog through Jana and Strider's! :) Utah looks beautiful! I was reading your post and saw that you went to the Graves house on Memorial day...which is funny because my Brother in Law's parents are the Graves and live in Utah...but in Logan. :) Oh! AND...we happened to be up there the week of Memorial Day, and guess what we did on Monday morning? Went hiking up Big Cottonwood Canyon! LOL! We went up to Donut Falls!
    Anyway, its good to see you guys happy and doing well! Congrats on the nursing program!
    Love,
    Clint and Natalie Gardiner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. Skyler..does your brother Jace have a blog? Ours is kevindanelle.blogspot.com
    Thanks.
    -Kevin Wolford

    ReplyDelete