Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Disappointment

Have you ever tried to plan something with the best of intentions and everything seems to be going great? You've got your group of people and all the assignments sorted; the date and the times are set - it is going to be a blast...Then all of the sudden a couple of people drop out here and then a couple more drop out there until only 4 of the 14+ people who were going to go can actually make it (and that's including you). THEN the details and plans start to fall apart and you really start to question if this is going to be more work and stress then it is fun, or maybe that you shouldn't be going because this is a sign that something horribly tragic is going to happen?? It is so disappointing when this happens, I just want to scream/cry....

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lynds... I am sorry. I do know what you mean. I swear, 9 times out of 10 that happens to me. That is when you throw in the towel and go with your husband to do something fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing worse then getting your hopes up..... and wanting something..... and then it doesn't happen, or is threatened to not happen :( I feel for you! You have ever right to scream/cry. I say go and do something fun for yourself, in the end that's the only true person you can count on (well besides Skyler) but you get what I mean! But! I don't mean to sound like negative nancy, because sometimes all of the pieces DO fall right into place-- and that's when you REALLY appreciate it :) I hope you have fun in whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Lynds... there is just no way we coud be gone all weekend now... I love you though and would love to still go but at a better time for us. Things are just really crazy with our buying our house and having to pick everything out. Anyways. I understand you are disappointed and I feel bad. I love you.

    ReplyDelete