Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Hoo-rah!

This Labor Day weekend was busy as ever, but we managed to squeeze in some fun. Saturday Skyler helped out the neighbors as they unexpectedly had to replace a REALLY old water heater (gotta love those kinds of surprises). In the meantime I got a phone call from an aunt who was needing a little cheering up so I went over to her place and we canned tomatoes and peppers. This was my first experience canning and I think I could really get into it. We made a giant pot of a salsa type deal, and then she gave me a jar of just tomatoes and a jar of tomatoes and peppers (w/out the onions and garlic) to take home, plus some of what we had made together. I still haven't tasted what we made, so I don't know if I was any good at it or not, but I'll just pretend I was :) It smelled good, that's for sure!
When I got home Skyler and I decided to take a drive up a canyon we hadn't been to yet - I think it was called Neff Canyon?? We didn't get very far on the trail, but we got far enough to realize it's one we'll want to do sometime. Oh, and on the way down we saw the most random thing; this man had a bunch of packing goats that he was training for hikes and he was taking them on a walk up this trail. They got a little distracted by us when we passed by, but when he whistled and called them they followed him. It was so fun to see.
Labor Day we woke up and got ready to go hike this Neff Canyon trail, but moments before we were about to leave I got a call from my sister Heidi. She invited us to come up to her parents get-away home in Huntsville to go boating. Our plans quickly changed :D The weather was wonderful and we had such a good time with Heidi, Nick and the girls, and Heidi's friend Madie (sp?) and her husband Colby. I'll post some pics below - there are some good facial expressions in some of these so look close LOL

Here I am just chillin' on the boat

And here's Skyler manning the tube

This is about as close as a pic together that we got that day

Skyler just can't stop making me laugh (and I hope he doesn't)

Girls got to go first: Here's Madie, Heidi and my niece Alyssa, and me getting ready for the coldest shower (or more like face spraying) of our life!
Heidi's face in this one cracks me up - we were all screaming pretty loud. I really love the second one though because you can totally tell Heidi is mad and yelling at Nick to slow down LOL

The guys got to go next and we made sure their ride was JUST as exciting as ours >:)
Here is Nick, Colby, and Skyler
This was the final jump before the guys then got a little upset and had us slow down LOL This pic was taken right before the tube came crashing down and Skyler flipped off, rolling under the tube. We all couldn't stop laughing. Nick's face is the best in this one.

If there had been a trophy awarded for the person who fell off the most, Skyler would have won. He didn't mind though - it just meant a little more excitement for him. What a trooper!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had an exciting weekend. I absolutely love the pictures- they're hilarious! We sure miss you guys here in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time!

    You don't know me but my husband and I grew up with Skyler :) Hope you dont mind us peaking at your blog from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures were great! We were busting up at all the freaked out looks on everyone's faces before they got dumped in the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Hey, I found you on the Farnsworth's blog. Glad to see you guys are doing so well. Congrats on nursing school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm glad you found my blog, it's always fun to find old friends on here. It looks like you guys are doing great! Congrats on getting into nursing school, that is awesome (especially since your work is paying for it)!

    I can't believe I'm a mom either, in my head I still feel like I'm 18 LOL. Maybe one day it will sink in :).

    ReplyDelete