Friday, December 4, 2009

Random Happenings

So once upon a time when I was younger my brother said something like "hold still, you have a hair on your face" and then when he tried to pluck it off we realized it was attached! It had to be 3 inches long growing right out of the side of my face! (I don't know if any of you have ever had such a devastating experience before LOL) Needless to say he has never let me live it down. Well, not long ago we were all sitting around talking and he found THIS on his leg! It wasn't quite the same as being a girl and finding such a hair on your face, but it was still quite impressive and we all got a good laugh out of it...


How would you like to have a job where you could do this? I know I have many days where I think to myself "Man! If I could just hop on a mini dirt bike for a quick ride around the hospital, I know I would be completely rejuvenated" Some people have all the luck :D




I was finally able to re-finish our living room coffee table this fall (thanks Aunt Barb aka Dumpster Diving Diva). It was a lot of fun to see it transform. There's something so satisfying about "making" the things that decorate your home.


Here we are at the State Fair 2009. This year my buddy Amanda H. and her buddy Ryan C. came with us. It was a lot of fun to be able to go with some other people this year. P.S. I just realized that some random lady is giving me bunny ears in this picture...Thanks Lady!



The first attraction we saw was the Alligator-tamers. It was very exciting to watch. The two guys that did it are brothers and have been traveling with this show for years. They had one cheesy, but hilarious joke after another. We were cracking up. They performed the hand-in-the-alligator- mouth trick and both Amanda and I holding our breaths in anticipation. That was kind of scary to watch and I'm pretty sure I screamed when the alligator chomped down (not on the guys hand luckily) After that came the rides...
I got the brilliant idea to try to take pictures as Skyler and I rode the infamous fair ride: The Zipper - hence the lovely shot of my chompers and Skyler's chest

Believe it or not these two are action shots I snapped as we were rocking and spinning around - I love Skyler's laugh during things like this. It's so unguarded. It sounds like a cute little giggle and neither of us could stop laughing the whole time.
Poor Ryan is something like 6'7'' so needless to say he wasn't the most comfortable during the ride.


These are some pics on the only other ride we went on. You got to lay on your stomach for this one and "hang glide" It was more of a relaxing ride, but still fun. Due to the expense of tickets for the attractions (I think we spent $20 buck for 2 rides totaling about 8 minutes of fun) we didn't get to see the smallest person in the world or the half snake half women, but maybe next time...

1 comment: