Thursday, April 29, 2010

Like A Little Child

Skyler went onto KSL the other day and called me up all excited to tell me he found 2 posts for trucks and wheels for his longboard for only $30 - this is good apparently :) What he was really calling for was to get the "ok" to go ahead and buy a set. Since the weather has gotten nicer we've been doing a lot more outside and one of those things has been longboarding...well, I've been longboarding and he has been jogging along LOL Needless to say I agreed that it would be a lot nicer (and more fun for him) if he could also ride a longboard instead of trying to keep up with me. He went ahead and bought a set of trucks and wheels for $30, and they ended up being Sector 9's - also good apparently. He came home that day and had all of the needed supplies to finish his board - he was so cute. It was like watching a kid who is all giddy at Christmas from all the excitement. He got his board in riding condition that night and was so excited he wanted pictures. We randomly knocked on our neighbor's door and asked one of the girls to take some pictures of us. So here are the semi-finished longboards:

Here's the fronts of our boards (p.s. I just finished running so don' t mind how amazing I look)
And here are the backs of our boards. Skyler decorated mine all by himself for my Christmas gift. He's so cute!
And here we are being cool on our boards
After our photo-shoot we went down the road and rode around the church parking lot. I'm ashamed to admit that I totally biffed it!

Luckily this ankle wound was the worst thing that happened to me besides the hurt of my pride as our neighbors across the street watched me fall :( ....shame.....

4 comments:

  1. You two make me giggle. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! We should get together... hmm... this weekend I'll be out of town. So maybe next week sometime. I am super excited to move away from my comfort zone... I think it will be a great experience! I love your blog writing by the way, it makes me laugh :D I'm so glad you two are enjoying yourselves, I didn't know you longboarded! That's such a Cali thing I thought. Did you pick it up in Arizona? Cause I didn't think Utah was hip like that HAHAH.

    Jess R

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I forgot, I love those purple high heels... :) You are still so colorful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to come here and teach us all your tricks! I would probably end up in a cast of some sort though! Destry said not to break your neck :)

    ReplyDelete