Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dinner at Ghidotti's

Skyler and I went to a fancy restaurant up in Park City with my friends Sadie and Jessica (and Jessica's boyfriend Brian). When we first moved to UT I thought an upside for me is that I would be able to see all my friends more often - turns out life is crazy busy for EVERYONE and it doesn't matter if you live one state or 5 miles away from each other; finding/making time to hang out gets hard. Plus Sadie now lives in...Montana I think (those "M" states always jumble up in my mind). My genius buddy is going to pharmacy school :) Anyway, we had a blast. Skyler and I never go to anything more expensive than Texas Road House so it was fun.

Left to Right: Me, Sadie, Jessica
I had to take a picture with the menu. It was so huge I could have changed outfits behind it. I'm glad we got the pic though because it is the only reason I know the name of the place.

I kept wanting to name the restaurant after the chocolate company:

The thing about expensive restaurants is that the more your food costs, the less of it you're going to get. This was Sadie's salad...it was the size of a tunafish can...and it was disgusting...and it was almost $10...

This pic is my favorite. The waiter came around to each of us offering freshly grated Parmesan in our oil and vinegar (for the focaccia bread). When he grated the cheese for Skyler a giant chunk of cheese broke off onto his plate. The waiter just kind of looked at it for a sec, finished grating, and then left. We were all laughing at this giant chunk of cheese on his plate and then realized that the waiter wasn't allowed to take it because he would have been touching Skyler's plate of food and then he couldn't use the cheese now anyway. So when I realized that they were going to just be throwing this chunk of cheese away, I couldn't let that happen. Parmesan cheese is expensive! and so good - so I took that chunk of cheese and stuck it in my purse. That's what this pic is. There was even a perfect little cheese pocket in my purse (I think it was for a cell phone or something). Skyler and I ate 2 spaghetti meals each the next couple of days with freshly grated Parmesan. It was glorious - I have no shame!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post but that is the funnest thing I have ever seen. You put the cheese in you purse???!!! LOL! You kill me.

    ReplyDelete