Saturday, March 6, 2010

Summing Up Random Happenings

This is our dog Chet. He came inside the other day and had this Alfalfa Hair going on so I had to take a pic. I thought it was hilarious.
Skyler and I don't usually eat a lot of popcorn, but I've been trying to find healthier snacks so it has made its way into our diet. I popped some the other day and got SO excited when I remembered that we had these bowls especially for popcorn. Someone gave them to us when we got married and we have never had an opportunity to use them until now - Thanks popcorn bowl givers!
Here we are on Valentines day. Skyler and I took a love letter writing class the week before so that is what we gave each other for Valentines Day - Love Letters we wrote to each other. He's so cute to do stuff like that with me.
I had to make a poster for school with the 6 Rights of Medication Administration on it. One of them is right route and our medication was "oral" so I took a pic of my open mouth. I just thought this pic was funny because it is a picture of my very own mouth, but something just doesn't look quite right...

Since we first moved to Utah I have talked several times to Skyler about this great park and how we have to go there and it's so fun - Copperton Park. I would tell him how I used to go to it when I was little and it had this HUGE pyramid at it and these giant tires you could crawl inside and on and these tunnels you could go through. I remember it being so amazing...Have you ever gone back to something years and years after you had been there and it's hard to believe that you're looking at the same place because it doesn't look anything like you remember it?

Here I am sitting on one of the tunnels. Notice the beautiful art work addition?

And here I am on one of the giant tires. They are pretty big, but considering I used to be able to crawl up inside of them and now I can probably fit my big toe inside - it's just wasn't the same. Behind me is the "HUGE" pyramid. It was slightly taller than my head...I guess for a kid I could still see it being pretty amazing, but I kind of like my memory of it better than the reality at this point. LOL Oh well!

3 comments:

  1. It'a about time you updated! ;) I like the tire picture! And I love the popcorn bowls! So cute. Thanks for watching the girls last night. Love you much. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the EXACT same experience going back to Copperton Park! I can relate with you well on this adventure. Copperton is still a fun town to drive through though, it makes you feel like you've stepped back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the experience at pioneer park... when we were young it was the place to go and to see the train and all. Now... well you used to live next to it, I don't need to explain.

    ReplyDelete